Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Dedication: "I thought I knew me yesterday - whoever sings this song"

Plant Your Seeds
(c) 2005

"I asked the ice, it would not say - but only cracked or moved away
I thought I knew me yesterday - whoever sings this song"
From "Ducks on a Pond"
Mike Heron & Robin Williamson - The Incredible String Band
England - 1968

Dedication

This journal touches briefly on my radio career and is something of a primer for those who wish to learn to be a disc-jockey/radio announcer. This journal is not for you if that is your only interest, even though it is a reflection in parts, of that and of several other careers I have enjoyed. Those careers have added to my life and at times, my life has added to them. The lesson more simply put;
Do not let what you do become who you are.

I wrote this journal initially for my children, as a chronicle of my life in most of its several facets. In its development into an autobiography I have come to feel it should be shared with others also. I have included in its chronology the phases, sections, beginnings, endings, pauses and wonders along with some observations that may be enlightening to some and disturbing to others.

Fear not. Rest assured that if this is not intended for you, you will fall asleep soon or become otherwise distracted. These very personal pages will be abandoned or be misplaced. You will have come to no harm from having begun to read it and stopped. Like leaving a theatre at intermission. Those of us in the spiritual world who will be reading over your shoulder, know when you should sleep. The sets must be changed for the next act, after all.........

It would seem to any who would know me well that I have lived several times in this lifespan, and been blessed with each experience. There are extremely few living or dead who can say they knew me well, including myself. None of us really have that much time.

So, I dedicate this work to my children; Summer Rose (deceased) who died with a life marvelously fulfilled at the age of 12. And to my surviving son Dustin, who like myself will make of himself a generational chameleon in a fantastic and constantly changing world. And to my son Ronald Micah Wortham (deceased) who waits and wonders at his brief 23-day visit. To my wife Debby also who has probably wondered from time to time, who I was before I became who I am now. To myself also - and to whom I shall become.

I am forever changing. As are we all.
We navigate by faith alone - who do not die.
-=Ron Wortham=-
"The answers are the questions, sir
The lady soothes the lion's fur -
Meek as a lamb he follows her -
Wherever angels are."
From "Ducks on a Pond"
Mike Heron & Robin Williamson - The Incredible String Band
England - 1968 (C) Elektra Records

statistics

statistics