Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Introducing The Introduction (The Intro) (c)2005-Ron Wortham

PUBLISHING in this day and age has become instantaneous. _-Plant Your Seeds-_ is a perfect example of it. No printing (unless YOU just want to), no heavy production costs. Enhancements planned for the future include an audio narration (one of the things I do) chapter-by-chapter and possibly a continuous audio version for blind or vision-impaired persons.

Publishing costs before the evolution of the Internet and The Blog have been monstrous. Printing, marketing, shipping, shelf space and other overhead costs can devour 80% or more of the value of an author's work. A $20.00 shelf price for a book MIGHT net the author $2.00 for years of work. Usually less.

Yet somehow the author should be - congratulated if you would. At least that is what everyone is telling me and I assume that is true. Actually, I am quite honored to having been read in this way and thank you for allowing me to share this much of my life with you.

At some chapters you will note a donation button at the end of the chapter.

Practically speaking, very few of us get to read an entire book without interruptions. The buttons are there for your convenience. I will most humbly accept your donation.

Thank You

This is casual reading - something to do while you are waiting on life (or God) to bring you Something To Do. This is about what I did while I was waiting.

I started this for my kids. After my daughter died, it became something for me.... and my son and my wife, then it grew in scope to my friends and more recently due to urgings of other writers, schoolmates and to the listeners of Radio Free Phoenix http://radiofreephoenix.com/ it has become what you read here. I have made it as entertaining as I can.

I hope you enjoy it.

statistics

Ron Wortham

statistics